1. At the last minute yesterday I realized that I would have the chance to attend the Maison Martin Margiela x H&M pre-sale. Given all my planning and plotting, I was super-psyched to get a head start on the crowds.
2. Waiting in line, rocking Ace & Jig.
3. The MMM collaboration is set up as a shop-in-shop at H&M. Given the collection’s theme of deconstruction, the sewing shop vibe was completely a propos.
4, 5, 6. Each item has a hang-tag identifying which original MMM piece inspired it. I didn’t expect to come away with the candy wrapper clutch, but once I saw it I fell in love. Fashion love, of course.
7. A bar was set up at the entrance and servers walked around offering drinks and hors d’oeuvres. That was all just a distraction, however, until I secured my purchases!
8. This dress. Sigh. It looks so good, right?! I brought it to the fitting room but couldn’t figure out how to put it on. I have low tolerance for confusing clothes, but I wish I had just bought this one and given it a second chance.
9. Dress or no dress, I’m still very happy with what I bought: an oversize turtleneck and the candy wrapper clutch!
Maison Martin Margiela x H&M will be in a store near you on November 15.